Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Hello out there!

Wow, this is a stretch for me. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for at this point from this excursion into the world wide web - and into myself. I have been touched (at times deeply) by several folks' blogs - Mike Cope, Brandon Scott Thomas, and Clarissa Cox (to name just a few). So I think I'll try this for a while and see what happens.

As for me - Here's a bit.

Born and raised in Charleston, SC. Graduated high school in 1979. Attended David Lipscomb College in Nashville, TN from the fall of '79 till June '84. I am the oldest of 3 children, and I have 2 younger sisters. One lives in Cary, NC, the other in the D.C. area.

Also born and raised in the Church of Christ. That has been quite a journey, which I'm sure I'll get into over time.

I am married to a wonderful woman, Natalie. It is one of my greatest joys to make her laugh. We have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters, Lauren and Rachel. We now live in the Atlanta area (Kennesaw, actually, but with an Acworth mailing address).

I am gifted in music - primarily in voice and guitar. Being raised in the CoC makes this a pivotal part of the story, which, again, I'm sure I'll get into over time.

I work in the software industry. I wrestle with a call to music (worship) ministry.

I have been involved with Palmetto Bible Camp since I was 8 years old. Nary a place on God's green earth means more to me (or has meant more to my walk with God).

My family and I attend the Burnt Hickory church in Marietta, GA.

My wife and I just returned from a great weekend in Nashville at the ZOE Worship Conference.

I could ramble on for quite a while, but something tells me I should stop for now. I hope that I will make many new acquaintances (and maybe even re-connect with some old ones!) through this medium.

WWW, here I come!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Michael, it's Tony Williams from Richmond VA. Man it been to long. Hope your feeling better. I Have thought of you often over the years. Look forward to catch up. Take care, Tony

My E-mail twilliams@yesvirginia.org

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home