Monday, April 25, 2005

The next big change

I have had to resign as a deacon at Burnt Hickory. The eldership has decided to ask for a "recommitment of the leadership" by May 15. Our family will not be able to meet that deadline. Makes me sad. I may even not be allowed to continue in any other avenue of service - Life Group leader, 5th grade teacher, or worship leader. We'll see.

Makes me sad. Very sad.

I am so frustrated with our tribe/movement. I so want to be free of so much of the dogmatic crap of my heritage (Sorry, there isn't a nicer word. There are several that are less nice...). I don't want to raise my daughters in a fellowship where I have to make (lame) excuses for our position or reputation. I want them to love Jesus, follow Jesus, be committed to Jesus. Not to a fellowship, or a belief system, or to a heritage - though love for all those things is good. Such a love MUST not supplant devotion to Jesus.

The cost of leaving the COC would be very high. I'm trying to count the cost of staying...

Lord, have mercy. Please.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that things have changed for the better in the last few weeks re: your blog about the angst you've been in. I believe, with a bit of 20/20 hindsight, that there has been a bit of over-reaction on both sides of the issue. I pray for balance. We need some folks to become pioneers, but we also need lots of folks to stick to the work that's already begun. I pray for your wisdom to know the difference, and to only go where God leads you and your family.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home