Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wow!

Well, it's (apparently) official. W gets a second term. I actually respect John Kerry more now because he decided to concede rather than string out what seemed to be an inevitable conclusion. I believe W would have done the same thing had the situation been reversed.

Several things of note for me personally. We enjoyed a visit from my parents over the Halloween weekend. I did some car maintenance for them and repaired (it seems) my long-standing oil leak in my Mazda. Hooray! We leave this weekend for our Mayan Ruins cruise (Key West, Cozumel, Belize). It should be a blast.

Our church is still in an uncomfortable place - waiting for some announcement from our eldership regarding their positions on some "controversial and divisive" issues within "the brotherhood". (You may interpret from the quotes arourd both of those things that I do not hold either phrase in high regard.) Sadly, it seems that several members are witholding their contributions (commitments) until they heard which "side" the eldership will fall on. I believe that this attitude is from Satan. Oh, well...

When you boil it all down, everything is a test of faith. The good, the bad, the in-between. All of it.

Lord, please help me to trust in You no matter what. Please help me to live to Your glory in every situation. Please help me get over myself. My trust, my hope, my joy is in You, Lord.

Happy November!

p.s. Holly, thanks for the contact info. It is my old friend Jan Meyer. We're emailing back and forth now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home