Sunday, June 19, 2005

Back from PBC

Another "SuperWeek" at Palmetto Bible Camp. God blessed us with a great staff (again), great campers (again), and even great weather, for the first time in SEVERAL years! We're all exhausted, but also filled.

It was especially hard this year at camp because I entered the week on a sleep/energy/voice deficit. Our VBS was the previous week at Burnt Hickory and I was the male lead in the "production". It went fantastically well, and I had a blast, but it wore me out! The cast did include a lot of people who have cast their lot with the Grace Pointe Community Church, which was interesting. (Sorry, but I must say that the "e" on the end of Pointe is trite, and very annoying to me. Seems VERY contrived. Oh, well. That's what a focus group will give you, eh?)

I have to admit that we did not go to Burnt Hickory this morning. One reason was that we were simply wiped out. The other reason is that it is always very hard to go back to low-energy-level worship after camp. Sigh.

Oh, yeah - re: the last post. I did not have to give up any "responsibilities" based on my resignation as a deacon, so that's good - I guess.

So tomorrow it's Back to Work! I really needed the break from work. Kinda felt ground down a bit. However, I always face the challenge, when returning from camp, that what I was doing last week holds so much more value and significance to me than what I'm doing at work. I wonder if it is a call to worship ministry... which does indeed scare me, due to my lifestyle addiction.

I hope to blog more frequently. It does me good - even if no one else reads it. BTW, thanks for the kind words, Kevin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home