Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This weekend

Tonight will be our first "real" Praise Team class. We will have a "group voice lesson" which I hope will be helpful to all. I think this will be an interesting season for the Praise Team as individuals, as a group, and as a ministry at Burnt Hickory.

A couple of interesting things coming up.

I will be playing this Sunday for the Grace Pointe church. Their usual guitarist is out of town, so they invited me to sub for him. It will be an interesting experiment. It will also be good to reconnect with those friends I don't get to see very often. I just wish the rest of the family could be there too. (other commitments prevent this)

My in-laws will be in for the long weekend starting tomorrow (Thursday). My father-in-law and I will likely be trying to get a lot of the basement wiring done. We're thinking we need to get a pro to design the actual layout of the room - for "code compliance," etc. Which sounds great - except for paying for it!

I'm working a good bit with my friend Carla McCormick (the co-lead in the VBS production I mentioned) to try to get our "band" (such as it is) back rolling again. It sure is hard trying to have a band while maintaining all our grown-up responsibilities. But I want to get out and PLAY so badly! Especially with all the amp building and modding I've been doing lately. Wanna give those new tones a workout! Our regular bassist will be unavailable this summer (at least) due to grown-up responsibilities, so we're going to have to make some adjustments. We'll see how it all pans out.

I hope everyone has a great 4th celebration. God, bless America (please)! (and perhaps, America could bless God too...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Hughes said...

Came across your blog while looking at some with "church of Christ" and enjoyed reading some of your recent posts. Making your faith yours and personal and working to make that fit with other people in a church can be an interesting struggle, but know that it's a natural outcome and God will lead you through it. I suspect you'll find many fellow travelers where you are as well as those who are in good faith trying to preserve what has great value to them. May God bless you in this journey!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home