Monday, June 18, 2007

What a week!

Wow. It was a blessing and a privilege to be a part of SuperWeek 2007. The staff was wonderful. The campers were great. The worship was powerful. The weather was surprisingly cooperative. Though we always keep a critical eye for improvements, it was in every respect a wonderful week of camp. I was especially happy to have all 4 of us there for the first time. Rachel had a GREAT week as a camper. Lauren had a great (but short) week also. For the first time that I can recall, Natalie did not want the week to end for her (she had to take Lauren home on Thursday afternoon so Lauren could attend Impact at DLU).

It was also a week of strange emotions, due to significant transitions. My friend Curt just finished his 15th and final turn as SuperWeek Director. Next year will feel odd, I expect. I'm hopeful that the next-gen worship leader has come forward as well. This means that I will MISS THAT A LOT! And yet, CREW is returning in force to the SuperWeek staff, and I'm thrilled. The primary up-front roles need to be filled by a younger generation than mine. I need to find the next primary contribution role for me. This is good growth, but I WILL MISS LEADING WORSHIP!!! Maybe I'll get a cameo or two - but I could be in a role where I lose my voice - like a team captain. Who knows?

Thanks to all the staff for their wonderfully selfless contributions to a SuperWeek! Glory to GOD!

Focus on God, Focus on God, Focus on God, Focus on God, Focus on God, Focus on God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Baddeley said...

Mike, thanks for all you have done over the years. It was a great week. By the way, you were right, I was blown away!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home