Monday, July 02, 2007

DUDE!

As the father of daughters, there is a "rite of passage" that I will not get to enjoy.

There is a word that guys use, and refer to other guys with, that girls do not use. Further more, there is no female parallel to this word.

DUDE!

Fathers of sons get to teach their boys all the various ways to communicate with this one word.

Think about how many different thoughts can be expressed with that one word, simply by changing the inflection. Greeting, amazement, disgust, regret, disbelief, congratulations, excitement... I could go on and on.

But there is no suitable parallel for girls. "Chick" sure isn't it. Babe? Doll? "Sugah"? You gotta be kidding me.

I guess the Lord decided otherwise for me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny Baddeley said...

Dude!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude....

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home