Thursday, April 24, 2008

AI last night

I was the only person in my family not surprised that Carly was voted off. I have always thought she was "good" but there was something that did not convey with her - somehow the emotional connection was just not there. I also thought she spent to much time at the upper limit of her range, which became strident.

Jason chose poorly. Brooke started poorly. But they have built a fan base over the past few weeks that got them through this round, whereas I do not think that Carly ever did. She got through on the strength of her performance rather than on building a fan base. She did have one of the better performances, but still was lacking the audience connection.

In the end I expect it to come down to the two Davids. Jason, Brooke, Syesha - none of these can win. Jason is the closest to being a solo artist of those 3, in my opinion. Syesha should go straight to Broadway. Brooke has a shot too - but needs more of her own identity rather than being a contemporary Carole King.

What I enjoy the most is that our whole family is engaged in the process.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin's BLAH-G said...

I never have watched American Idol, but David Cook can sing!

If you haven't figured out who this is i'm Kacey's little brother.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home