Friday, February 06, 2009

I have to confess

I am becoming more and more concerned about our economy. I am fearful of the impact of the proposed "stimulus" plan on several levels. Our nation is a nation of debtors. The idiotic notion that since the population is fully leveraged (we've borrowed all WE can) now the government should step in and become THE borrower on our behalf is NOT going to make things better.

I fear that the dollar is going to be all but worthless. Have you read about the conditions in the Weimar Republic before Hitler's rise to power?

On the plus side, my wife and I are working through Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" online. We are focused on paying off all of our debts. We are working to save up and pay cash for everything going forward.

James 4:10 - Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete Goode said...

100% of all foreclosures happened to folks with mortgages. The moral of the story, if you have no debt, stuff can't get repo'd by the bank.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home