Saturday, August 06, 2005

5th grade Luau and Long run day

We went over to Mike and Judi Sparks' home for the end-of-year 5th Grade Luau (pool party). We all had a good time. We couldn't stay until the end because they started a movie around 9pm, and we had to get our younger daughter into bed. Lauren and Rachel just love swimming. We've enjoyed our students this past year. This coming year will be even more interesting, however. We'll have Lauren in our class! (and her wacky friends!)

I went for a long run this morning. For those familiar with where I live, here is the path, starting at our neighborhood entrance:

Right on Baker Road (hill)
Right on Jiles Road
Left on Moon Station Road (3 hills, one pretty steep)
Right on Main Street (through Kennesaw AND Acworth)
Right on Cowan Road (by the old Day's Chevrolet)
Right on Baker Road (back to my neighborhood)

If I recall correctly, when I measured this loop last year it was 11.4 miles. (Edit: Yep - remeasured it today, it's 11.4!) Anyway, it felt surprisingly easy this morning. I could've kept going. In fact, my pace for the last 2 miles was the fastest pace of the entire run. I guess the hill training at the office is paying off.

I'll be leading worship tomorrow morning. We're introducing "Days of Elijah" to the congregation - though many know the song already. I hope it goes well. One of my co-worship leaders asked that I introduce the song tomorrow so he can use it more effectively next week. Hope it works!

Have a blessed day and weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!!! we are not wacky!!!!! (ok maybe just a little...haha)

Love you!!!!!
Lauren

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home