Tuesday, August 30, 2005

R.I.P. Evant, Inc.

Well, the deal is supposed to be done tonight. We will officially be a part of Manhattan Associates after this evening. Current rumors have us moving to their office before the end of September.

There is an old Chinese "proverb" that says, "May you live in interesting times." I'd say this certainly meets that standard.

Several of us here at Evant have discussed that one of the bigger obstacles to sales for our company has been prospective customer concerns about our long-term financial viability. So with this merger that concern evaporates immediately. Many think we're about to get stupid-busy with new customers. Manhattan has multiple hundreds of customers what would be good candidates for our replenishment software. (Bad time for this analogy given the hurricane, but...) A big wave of new customers may be headed our way. A good problem to have, eh?

Also - the 10K race is next Monday. My work schedule has not allowed me to run at lunch this week, and I know I won't be able to tomorrow, so I think I'll have to drag my fanny out of bed early tomorrow to get a few miles in. As long as I can get IN bed early enough it won't be a problem. I want to be well-rested for the race, but not de-conditioned!

Finally - the next step in taking the Praise Team to the next level - auditions! We'll start them next Wednesday (9/7). I truly hope that people understand that we do not want to make anyone feel or look bad in the process. However - we do want people to develop their gifts as they have been given gifts. We want to call everyone in the group to excellence, because He is worth it! Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home