Saturday, August 20, 2005

Car trouble, Braves trouble

So I'm leaving the office yesterday - a little early, to get a jump on the horrid Friday Atlanta traffic - and as I'm coming down the hill from the office building the clutch pedal stays on the floor! I'm able to limp over to Powers Ferry to the Texaco but it seems that the clutch slave cylinder is TOAST! (I hope that's all it is.) So, rather than getting a jump on our evening with the family and friends at Turner Field, I have to call home for them to come pick me up. We end up being about 30 minutes later than we had hoped to get away - and, of course, my stress level is over the top.

Nonetheless, we hook up with the girls' friends - Lauren brought Caroline Wylie, and Rachel brought Halle Bloomer. They all had a blast. But the Braves got BLASTED. Mike Hampton did not have command of his pitches or location, and he got hammered. He didn't even make it out of the 4th inning. They ended up losing 12-7. Really a bummer (for me). But we had a good time together anyway.

My friend Keith and I will try to retrieve my car today. I'm hoping that we can keep enough fluid in the clutch reservoir to make it to the interstate - and then I can just leave the clutch alone for most of the trip home. I already have a slave cylinder to put on, as long as I can get it into the garage (and as long as that's the problem!). Here's hoping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home