Friday, August 12, 2005

Acquisition

My company, Evant, Inc., is being acquired by Manhattan Associates. Though this is a significant change to absorb personally, there is almost 100% upside here. I firmly believe that the primary obstacle Evant has been fighting is the concern prospective customers had about long-term financial viability for Evant. It is hard to buy a mission-critical application from a company if you don't feel that they will be around for the long haul. Well, that concern just vanished! MA has been profitable for 15 consecutive years. They did over $200M in revenue last year. Their stated goal is to be a $1B company before the close of this decade. Honestly, I think that the product I work on is about to have a LOT of new customers over the next 12 months.

Still, absorbing change is never stress-free. I pray that I will recognize what is and is not in my control, and not try to control things I cannot. Worry is a powerful force, mostly for not-good.

It is so hard to live in recognition of the lack of control that we actually operate in. It is hard to keep my eyes on "the prize" and not on the things I want to control "down here." I certainly want things to work out for me a certain way - and often that way is not in line with His way. I'm too selfish, and I want things to go more smoothly and easily than I am promised. I have been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am, and how I have become comfortable with it. Addiction to lifestyle is a powerful force as well. I get concerned that I am not mindful of Kingdom Business like I need to be, but rather I'm concerned about My Business. It is very hard to live "in the world, but not of the world." Your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home