Thursday, August 18, 2005

I gotta admit - it brings me down... (and some other stuff)

OK, I've heard that there are several folks who read this blog. So I gotta admit that it brings me down when I put a heartfelt paragraph in a post, ask for "Your thoughts?" and get nothing. Even a response that said, "You're a ding-dong for wondering about such things..." would be welcome! (So, of course, now I expect Kevin Hammond to post a comment saying exactly that! HA!)

We just had a Q&A meeting with a representative from Manhattan Associates. I must say that the level of communication regarding this "merger" (acquisition) has been very good - both from the Evant side and the Manhattan side. Especially from the Evant folks who will not be moving forward with the new company - it's a real credit to those folks how hard they're working on making this transition smooth and successful. I wish they were continuing with us...

Side note - I'm very curious about why an Atlanta-based company is called "Manhattan Associates."

We're planning to take the girls (and possibly 2 friends also) to see the Braves take on the San Diego Padres tomorrow evening. It should be fun! Though the Padres don't even have a winning record, they ARE in 1st place in the NL West, so it will be a battle of division leaders. Let's Go Braves! 14 Straight Division Titles! Maybe a little further (all the way?) in the playoffs! I've been SO impressed by the way Bobby Cox has handled all the adversity this season, and also impressed by the play of the rookies. Especially 2 of them - Jeff Francoeur and Brian McCann - both Atlanta area natives. The Braves farm system must be the envy of the rest of MLB.

Rachel was exposed to strep earlier this week, and woke up this morning complaining of a sore throat. The test at the doc was "inconclusive" since it is the first day. If she's still showing symptoms tomorrow she'll go back for strep test #2. Here's hoping she does NOT have strep! (Especially since I'm sure I've kissed her in the past 2 days! I don't want strep either!)

Blessings to you all... (even if you don't post a comment!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You're a ding-dong for wondering about such things..."

8:52 PM  
Blogger MichaelPolutta said...

Kevin, I know I can always count on you! ;-)

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...i'm leaving comments on your blog!!!!

love you,
Lauren

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home