Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Silver Comet, here I come!

I've signed up to run the 5th annual Silver Comet Trail Half-Marathon on 10/29. I need a good reason to continue training, and THIS IS IT!

I ran a half-marathon in September of 1998. My goal was 2 hours. I ran it in 2 hours, 11 SECONDS! So my goal is ABSOLUTELY to finish this in under 2 hours this time. This has gnawed at me since I turned the last curve in that race and saw it tick just past the 2 hour mark.

Homeschool is now in full swing. Lauren started her piano/voice lessons with her new teacher yesterday. I'm hopeful that Lauren will rediscover the joy of learning music, and not be "satisfied" with her current skill level. I want her to get that "fire in her belly" to really develop her gifts. How have you parents inculcated that in your children? (Or, what did you do that did NOT work?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home