Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Back from Nashville and in a new office

We had a GREAT time at the ZOE conference. It was a deep blessing to be there. Wonderful music, wonderful messages. In my opinion the lyrics of the songs this year are very deep and meaningful. Glory to God!

I was pleasantly surprised at the number of instrumental presentations. And the musicianship displayed was very high quality! I was blessed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We have moved into the Manhattan Associates offices. Getting settled and back to work. This will feel better soon - at least we're now a part of the same location, not where the "old Evant" was. I like this better, even though the individual space is smaller. It actually feels quite a bit like Circuit City did in the 90s.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning to go to the Silver Comet Trail for a long run this Saturday. I just want to go run for 2 hours, and it will be good to know the course where I will run. Plus I want to find the place in advance of the half-marathon! Hope it goes well.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My sister is flying down from D.C. this weekend for a visit. We're very much looking forward to hosting her for a few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

I was led to your blog through reading some comments on Brandon's blog. And I have to say. I RELATE TO YOU SOOOO MUCH! My family and I (Husband John, son's John David and Adam) attend a CoC in our town. (Lifers too!) Our local church is just barely "liberal" which blows my "conservative" parent's minds and rearranges their spiritual furniture on a regular basis. 7 years ago we lived in Charlotte and were blessed to attend the church where Jeff Walling preaches. Awesome experience. Life altering. But we moved back to Alabama for many reasons, one being my husband's aging parents who are in ill health. So we are back. The transition to barely liberal from Charlotte has been more difficult than I have words for. I come to Zoe each year to "get my fix" on spiritual freedom. But each year, I come home almost in grief mode knowing what's ahead. I feel so desperate to worship. I worship at home, but there is simply nothing that takes the place of being surrounded by 1200 other worshippers who are praising with all their hearts. That feeling cannot be duplicated here on this earth. I guess the reason I stay where I am is that I feel strongly that God brought us back to Alabama for His purpose. I also know that my experience in CHarlotte was for His purpose. We have tried many times to bring some of our experience back to our Alabama church, but it isn't well received. My husband is the Multi-Media deacon and much of what we "could" do with the ministry isn't allowed. I feel your pain. I long for HOME. Please have a look at my blog and read my entry on "Worship, Appetizers and Drinking from a Saucer". You may understand where I am coming from. I will add you to my prayer list as I hope you will me to yours.
A sister in Alabama,
Kelley Smith

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home