Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Lunch with Kent

My (still) very good friend Kent Bickel from my days at DLC (now DLU) and I just had a great lunch together. (At Houston's, no less! Ahi tuna, yum!)

We bumped into each other "by chance" while Natalie and I were in Nashville for the ZOE Conference. He and his wife Kathy went to try the new burrito place where we just "happened" to be. (in quotes because I think perhaps there was a Higher cause...)

It was great to begin to reconnect with Kent. He and I were very good friends 20+ years ago. We spent a LOT of time just listening to music and digging the tunes. I was even in their wedding. We lost touch as we each pursued the beginnings of our careers. However, it felt as if, other than catching up, we just picked right back up where we were. God is good!

Kent comes through the Atlanta area almost every month, so we're going to hope to make this a regular thing.

Long-terms friends are a gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home