Monday, January 29, 2007

She's a year older

My older daughter is nearly a teen. We had a fun birthday party for her that was similar to a "How to Host a Murder" party. I was the "king" character, who was killed. They had to decide (via a trial) who did it. It seemed that everyone enjoyed the role playing. However, as the ONLY guy in the party I was quite happy to "die" and then retire to the garage to re-wire the power supply to my car stereo. (After 17 years it was not sending full voltage to the power amplifier - but NOW it is! Gotta love 10-gauge wire!) After being around all that estrogen I just had to do something "guy-ish" - YES, I'LL WORK ON MY CAR! I had the carpet lifted up, and even had the rear seat out of the car. It was cool to fire it up correctly the first time! I also gave the Mazda an oil change. Just had to inject some testosterone into my day.

It has always seemed funny to me that the Lord saw fit to give my sister 3 sons, and to give me two daughters. Guess we both have to get our relationships with the other gender right, eh?

My older daughter is becoming ever more beautiful - and ever more mystifying. Some of it is just pre-teen stuff. More of it, methinks, is that she's becoming a young woman, while I remain a "guy." Ever shall it be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home