Friday, August 17, 2007

Disappointed in the Fed

I REALLY would have preferred that the Fed leave interest rates alone. I truly feel that the market needed to "consolidate" a bit at the lower level before rebounding. I have to wonder if the Fed caved to the pressure from the talking heads on TV.

I really believe that the free market lost when the Fed stepped in so quickly. Honestly, most of the mortgage mess is due to UTTER STUPIDITY in lending. The folks that did that SHOULD be punished by the market. Not to mention that we were SO overdue for a 10% correction, so this was part of the market getting healthy.

Oh, well. What's done is done. We'll still trade no matter what. If the down had been "uglier" the up would have been better too. Now I wonder if the "getting healthy" process will be complete. This is not a natural market bottom. At the same time, given that this was a sudden change in policy from the Fed, I have to wonder if the credit issues are larger than anyone really thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home