Friday, August 03, 2007

A good report!

Natalie and I met with my cardiologist this morning. (I'm still not used to the phrase "my cardiologist.") Everything is looking very good. There is very little damage remaining to my heart muscle. Just one area near the top that isn't squeezing like it should be, but he expects that to continue to improve and for my heart to eventually reach near 100% function. I should have zero long-term implications from this event. I WILL be on meds for the rest of my life - an aspirin a day, and cholesterol medication. The rest will go away over time.

For the medically savvy - my stent is NOT a drug-eluting stent, just a cobalt-chromium uncoated stent. He said he did this procedure "by the book" so that's all good! Since the stent is non-coated, I will be taking Plavix for only a year or so. I will soon be switching my beta blocker from Coreg to Atenolol. Lisinopril will continue for some time.

I am so thankful to be so well cared for - medically and otherwise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home