Saturday, July 28, 2007

Jiggety Jig!

And the first part of that would be.... "Home again, Home again!"

I'm very happy to say that I have been discharged as of about 3pm today. I have a RAFT of meds now - and, to my chagrin, some will be long-term. I'm just not fond of the idea of long-term meds, but I don't get a vote on this.

I took a GOOD nap after we got home. Best sleep I've gotten in several days, and I didn't even have chemical assistance. We're about to eat - salmon, this time. I'm going to have ISSUES with this low-sodium thing. I've always thought that the quantity of water that I drink on a daily basis (1.5 gallons minimum) would appease the demons of sodium. I have research to do to verify this now! Meanwhile, I guess I'll just become a dietary curmudgeon and complain about everything that WOULD TASTE BETTER with a little salt. And cheese.

I will not be going to church tomorrow - pretty sure I'd be overwhelmed with well-wishers. No medium is adequate to express my appreciation to everyone, and I know that in-person would be best, but I just know that I'd have a BAD day for the rest of the day. Just not ready for the exertion.

I have a road ahead that is more uncertain, yet clearer in the most important ways. Guess what - I STILL need your prayers, for me and for my family. I can hardly wait to hug each of you.

4 Comments:

Blogger stemy said...

Mike,
We've been praying for you since we heard about it. I'm sure that the whole situation seems so surreal but know that God and I (and many others) are still talking about you regularly :)

3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cardiac diet really isn't that bad! At least you're not doing a BRAT diet for six plus months! Im so glad that you're doing better. I'll continue to pray for you & your family!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are able to be home now and sleep in your own bed. Tommy and I will keep the prayers coming too...

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,

We're looking forward to seeing you back at work...keep us posted on when we can expect your return!

Hugs a-waiting!
Jeannine

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home