Monday, June 23, 2008

Some responses and further thought

Danny - Being director is sometimes mutually exclusive to direct worship participation - or "anything else" participation, for that matter. Your job is to facilitate the spiritual experience of others. If you get some spiritual experiences along the way, BONUS! Your "food is to do the will of Him who sent you." Know what I mean?

Becky - Yeah, some of the songs might have been unfamiliar, but over the course of the week I did not see the participation level change much. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I think we need to expect more of the campers. Mike was an excellent worship leader. I was very proud of him. I think he learned a lot, too.

My younger daughter was crying a few days ago, just because she missed camp. I love it.

2 Comments:

Blogger preacherman said...

Wonderful post.
I had the same problem being worship minister. I enjoy ministry sometimes my mind is on the act or directing more than on God. I think God understands the heart though. I want you to know I enjoy your blog. I have added it to my favs. Keep up the great work Michael.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Danny Baddeley said...

Thanks Mike. I guess I was holding out hope that there would be "time later" to get into whatever. But you are right. Tell Rachel she isn't the only one missing camp. It's why I'm on the earth right now.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home