Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Half-marathon coming up - and a year older too!

My half-marathon is this coming Saturday morning. I think I'll be ready. I ran 11.4 miles again this past Saturday morning - a fine way to celebrate one's birthday, I'd say! The run went well. I felt pretty good the whole way. I finished it in about 1.5 hours, so I should be in fine shape for the 13.1 coming up. I will admit that my friend from work who cautioned that the surface on the Silver Comet Trail was hard was NOT KIDDING! My joints felt it from last week's run in a way I've never experienced. I plan to get some more cushiony insoles for my shoes before Saturday.

I ran a little today, and I'll run a little tomorrow. I'll skip any running on Thursday and Friday, saving it up for Saturday morning. I am also enjoying the gym at the office, getting to build a little upper body muscle as well. It does feel good to get back to working out the whole body. I really liked that when I was able to in the past, and I'm liking it again. I won't say I feel younger, though...

We have moved our Praise Team practice to Sunday morning, before services. This way we are able to rehearse in the Worship Center, using the actual mics and sound system. I think it helped this past Sunday to sound better. I hope it wasn't just my perception.

We're planning to visit Grace Pointe this coming Sunday. It'll be good to reconnect with those folks and see how things are going. Then in the afternoon we have the Fall Festival at Burnt Hickory, and Blind Sighted is playing from 3pm to 5pm. I hope that goes well. We've had a hard time (AGAIN!) getting everyone together for rehearsal. So our current rehearsal plan is for Friday night - but I will NOT be able to stay late due to having to get up VERY early on Saturday for the race. I think we really need to sit the whole band down and talk about what we want it to be. It'll definitely be a challenge getting all 6 of us on the same page! Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're always welcome at GracePointe! All y'all...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home