Monday, August 25, 2008

CrossFit accomplishments

I had a good end-of-the-week with CrossFit.

On Thursday I set a PR on deadlift - 325 lbs. I probably could have done more, but I had taken so many 10 lb. steps to get to 325 that I was fatigued. Regardless, that's more than I've ever pulled before, by quite a bit! The big breakthrough was figuring out my grip such that I could confidently lift that heavy without risk of dropping the bar.

On Friday, I did the "Helen" workout and finished nearly 5 minutes faster than the last time, about 1 month ago. Cool!

Yesterday I got my first muscle-up! Plus 4 more! Woo hoo! I thought it would take me a bit longer to develop this skill. I had Lauren "video" the 2nd one I ever did with her digital camera, but the clip is quite dark. I think the file is also too big to post to Blogger.

So I'm making progress. I have my next nuclear stress test in November - they'll have to turn off the machine before I ask them to let me stop!

BTW, do you know why it is called a "nuclear stress test?" Because if it were called "double radioactive injection into your bloodstream stress test" it would not be as well accepted.

1 Comments:

Blogger preacherman said...

Wonderful thoughts and post.
I enjoy reading your blog.
Keep up the fantastic job you do.
You inspire and challenge.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I hope you have a wonderful week in our Lord Jesus Christ.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home