Monday, February 23, 2009

Brotherhood is good!

Plans are progressing. My brother Lee helped me out BIG TIME on Saturday. We took Lee's truck and went to Pull-a-Part in Lithonia, GA, and found a t-boned MX-6 that has obviously been painted recently prior to the accident. The hood and fender were in GREAT shape. The bumper was only "okay," but still good enough. So I got all 4 of the primary parts I need (hood, fender, bumper, headlight assembly) for $135! Cool!

Side note - this car had been t-boned on the driver' side. The 2006 graduation tassel was still hanging on the rear view mirror. I felt compelled to pray for the folks in that accident - it did NOT look good. The driver's door would NOT open, though we compelled it quite forcefully (and repeatedly).

Another brother, Keith, has an extra vehicle that I can borrow while the Mazda is being repaired. Cool!

Another brother, Kenneth, has done auto body and painting work for the last 20 years. Though he is in a new career (or two) now, he is willing and able to effect repairs on the Mazda for me. This will, no doubt, be the least expensive approach to getting the work done, and done well. Thanks, Kenneth! I am very much looking forward to the restoration of my car. Cool!

Brotherhood is good!

Once all this is done, I'll get back to the other pending work on the car - replacing the rear trailing links (I already have the links), getting her aligned, and getting new tires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home