Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Spiritual leadership

I'm wondering what all 3 of my loyal readers consider to be spiritual leadership in the home? What does it look like for the husband to be the spiritual leader? I'm wrestling with this, feeling convicted that I have not been effective in this role, yet not really clear on how to adapt. For now, I am stepping back from some commitments, in order to just be with my family more. I feel that I have been distracted - too often with them (around them) but not with them.

So, what are some of your experiences with effective spiritual leadership in the home?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doin' it right. You're being aware of this while your children are young is the first quantum leap.

"Church-work" may OR may not be "Spiritual Leadership." All things in moderation, they say...

What do you want your "home" to see you modeling?

It may very well involve church commitments. Just make certain that each of those commitments serves double-duty; your commitments serve your home family as well as your church family. If not - it's a much easier decision. Because your first commitment is to your family.

Never forget: You leave the house every morning to commute to your SECOND job.

6:24 AM  
Blogger bibliotecaria said...

Speaking as someone who has only been the daughter, never wife or parent, I can't be sure what form leadership would take in a family for me, but one thing I always thought good as an example of spiritual leadership would be simply studying the Bible with the children on a regular basis, not just at church. It could be one-on-one, a small family devo, simply reading the Bible, but having the children see you study at home would be a wonderful example.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home